Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Self made and designed 3D printed LiFePO4 cell connectors




I didn't like the ugly wood box that was holding my LiFePO4 cells together, so I designed a bracket that can be used on top and on the bottom of the cell to hold the cells together by a threaded rod. The cells I'm using are 40Ah cells. I have 8 of these cells but didn't build a 24V battery with them. Instead I built 2x12V batteries, which are connected in parallel. I'm aware, that this is not the most life extending set-up for the cells, but it has the unbeatable advantage, that in case one cell goes bad, I still have a second battery to keep things going and I will not be completely without electricity in this case.
Since I'm too cheap to spend €5 for a terminal connector, I built my own, made from an old, used copper pipe, which I had in the basement.
You can see this set-up in my video on Youtube.



No comments: